Sunday, February 26, 2012

Museum of Osteology

Warning!!  This blog post may be too graphic for you.  If you don't like seeing bones then STOP NOW....I will see you next time and thank you for stopping by. 

This past Monday my granddaughters were out of school for the day so I took advantage of it.  They spent the night with me Sunday night and on Monday we visited the Museum of Osteology in Oklahoma City.



We picked up my youngest daughter who is the mother of my granddaughters and we spent the day together.


Osteology is the study of bones and these are bones...no fakes here.


I had to include a picture of cats.


This is our state bird, the scissortail flycatcher. 


Oldest granddaughter liked the Rhinoceros


Youngest granddaughter liked the hippopotamus


The building is 2 story in the center to house the giraffe and whales.


Killer whale.  Below you can see the elephant and rhinoceros


And my husbands favorite, the Rock Hopper Penguin

Until next time,


2 comments:

Sonia said...

How interesting! I have seen the ads for this museum..but haven't been yet...going to put it on my list! Thanks for sharing your day with your adorable grandchildren! Hope you are enjoying our sunshine!
Miss Bloomers

Diane said...

What a fantastic place to go with the children, I am sure it was fun but also very educational. Wow but that killer whale is huge! Think the giraffe though is my favourite. Keep well Diane